Since Cinco de Mayo is coming up in a month I have been wanting to come up with a delicious margarita I can have at home. My mom introduced me to a mixer recently that was pineapple with a bit of a kick and that gave me some inspiration to create a Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita. While researching different tequilas I came across one by Dulce Vida that is infused with pineapple and jalapeño. This tequila is insanely smooth which makes it a bit dangerous and very easy to drink. Personally, I like a bit of spice, but not too much. So, don’t worry this is a mild drink, but with enough of a unique kick. I found all the ingredients very easily right now, so it won’t take too much and you may already have some of the items at home in your bar.
I only used one jalapeño slice in each margarita and removed the seeds because I didn’t want it to be too hot and it was perfect for my taste. If you like it on the SPICY side, then by all means, add more jalapeño slices! Fresh pineapple is best in my opinion, but if you have canned pineapple chunks, then you could use that too.
The rim of this margarita is a simply Tajin… this gives a bit of salty and spice, plus it complements all of the flavors of the margarita perfectly. If you like things sweeter, then you could use sugar for the rim.
Cheers! A muddled pineapple chunk, jalapeño slice, and lime, mixed with triple sec, Dulce Vida pineapple jalapeño, and a splash of sour mix is sweet, savory, tart… and well… just absolutely amazing! Dulce Vida also has a grapefruit tequila and a Paloma mix, so that may be the next drink on my list.
Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita
- 2 1/2 oz Dulce Vida Pineapple Jalapeno Tequila
- 1 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- 1/2 oz Sour Mix optional use fresh lime juice and agave
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Lime sliced into wheels
- 1 Orange cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp Tajin Seasoning
- Optional Pineapple wedges and additional jalapeno slice for garnish
- In your shaker muddle 1 jalapeno slice, 1 pineapple chunk, and 1 slice of lime with 1-1/2 oz of triple sec. (If you don't have a muddler then you can use a spoon.)
- Add a cup full of ice to the shaker. Then pour in 2-1/2 oz of Dulce Vida Pineapple Jalapeno Tequila and 1-2 oz of sour mix. Squeeze a slice of orange for the juice into the shaker as well. Then shake to get the mixture frothy.
- Take a slice of lime and wet the rim of your glass. Dip the glass rim in the Tajin seasoning.
- Pour the cocktail from the shaker into your glass and garnish with a slice of pineapple and jalapeno if desired.
Let me know what you think of my Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita. If you try it and tag me on IG too in your stories, so I can repost!