It’s the end of summer and we are heading into fall. To me, summer consists of bright colors and endless warm days where you need to wear those light cooler outfits. Therefore, to say goodbye to summer, I thought it was only proper to pair some bright pink flamingos with a destroyed denim mini for a hot day! This fun casual-to-dressy top in an extra small is from Goodnight Macaroon, and as soon as I saw the print I knew it was meant to come home to my closet! My shoes are a staple of mine from Missguided and they were the perfect pair for this top. My girlfriend Ashley, the owner of Lola Trixx, made me these awesome flamingo earrings that I paired with this outfit. Mine were made especially for me, so I linked a similar pair.
Six Favorite Things I Did This Summer
- I spent a lot of time working on my blog. Whether it was research on how to be a better blogger or learning how to use a DSLR camera, I really immersed myself into learning more about blogging to become better at it. A lot of the pictures on this blog were done by my friend Gil Sturgis and he was a huge help this summer as I learned how to take more professional photos for this blog.
- I spent quality time with my kids and with my girlfriends. I spent nearly every Saturday at the Interlachen County Club soaking up the sun by the pool and chatting with my friends. The kids got to play with their friends and I played with them in the nice cool water, which was much needed in the Florida humidity.
- I love watching the fireworks every Fourth of July. When I think of fireworks, I think of the Fourth, barbecuing, a hot summer day, and spending time with the ones I love. We laid out on the middle of the golf course and watched fireworks go off all around us. It was magical and peaceful because we weren’t surrounded by crowds.
- At the beginning of summer, we had our house warming party and spent time with family. I really enjoyed having everyone over to our new home and getting to show everyone the hard work we had put in making it our own.
- I went to Ocala to visit one of my best friends and we had a great time exploring together. We ate delicious food, which to us is always fun because we are foodies. The best part was going to a little place called The Corkscrew where we got to sample different wines and bottle our own wine to take home.
- My boyfriend and our son went to Jackson Hole Wyoming to spend a week with his family who were vacationing there for the summer. We did a lot of activities and really enjoyed the break from Florida’s weather and being surrounded by nature. It was so beautiful out there I didn’t even want to come home.
I hope everyone had a wonderful summer and can’t wait for it to cool off soon! XOXO